The third leg of the exciting faster pastor series is in the books. It was Pastor Brian Phillips from the Wyandott Freewill Baptist Church jumping out to the early lead. He pushed the Ford Escort Mini Stock hard the opening laps to extend a large lead enabling him to cruise to victory. He joins Pastor Wantz and Pastor Coblentz as qualifying 2005 faster pastors. The grand finale is scheduled for September 3, 2005. Over 1,500 food items have been collected to date for charity with the faster pastor program.
In the American Payroll Advance Super Late Models it was Ryan Markham and Eric ‘Spud’ Myers dueling it out the opening laps. Myers slipped by Markham to open up a sizeable lead. Myers was needling his way through lap traffic when he lost the handle bringing out the caution on lap 14. He was sent to the tail of the field. That handed the lead over to Markham. It wasn’t smooth sailing as Doug Drown pressured Markham. Drown passed Markham, only to have Markham slip back by the next circuit. As the checkers would fly it was Markham, Drown, J.R. Gentry, Myers and D.J. Miller. Dave Wirt and Dave Hornikel won heat races. Markham won the Dash and George Lee won the B-Main.
It was the fifth time this year that Markham placed the Advance Cylinder, Biscottis Restaurant, Stu’s Place, J & D Door Company, Bert Transmission; Malcuit powered Rocket Chassis in victory lane.
In the RPM Motorsports Modified division is was Dave Atkinson lead the first lap but it was all Took Wiles after that as he led the next 19 laps to take the checkers. He was followed by Larry Kugel, Mike Lonas, Rocky Kugel and Kyle Brown. Rocky Kugal and Darrick Hubbard were heat race winners and Larry Kugel won the dash.
In the Thrifty Discount Muffler Pure Stock division it was Dundee Ohio racers Fred Snyder blasting to the lead early. He battled Todd Werntz and Troy Anderson for several laps before succumbing to Anderson and Werntz. As the checker flag waved it was Anderson, Myers, Werntz, Snyder and Keith Tish rounding out the top five. Tim Myers and Travis Mensching were heat race winners, while Werntz won the dash.
In the Federated Auto Parts Mini Stock division it was Brandon Morrow leading the field to the green flag. Morrow was pressure by Dale Beckett throughout the race. But Morrow would cover the field taking the checker flag. He was followed by Beckett, Jeff Theil, Josh Robinson and Henry Britton. Theil and Britton were heat race winners and Bo Yarnell won the B-Main.
Next week August 6th is the popular fan appreciation. The American Payroll Advance Super Late Models, the RPM Motorsports Modifieds, the Thrifty Discount Muffler Pure Stocks and the Federated Auto Parts Mini Stocks will be in action. Gates open up at 3:00 PM, time trials at 5:30 PM and racing starts at 7:00 PM.
Wayne County Speedway is celebrating 40 years of history, tradition & excitement and races every Saturday night. WCS is located nine miles east of Wooster, OH or 15 miles west of Massillon, OH on US Route 30 then one mile north on Carr Road. For more information contact: 330.682.7435 (track), 419.522.8761 (office) or WCS GM Tina Heil at 300.465.9058 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.waynecountyspeedway.com
American Payroll Advance, Ltd. Super Late Models
1. Ryan Markham 2. Eric Myers 3. Charlie Duncan 4. Doug Drown 5. Scott Peltz 6. DJ Miller
1. Dave Wirt 2. Thomas Baker 3. Blaine Aber 4. Clint Coffman 5. Harold Snell 6. Randy Pollock 7. George Lee II 8. Jeff Wages 9. Eric Smitley 10. Gary Hensel 11. Mike Giess
1. Dave Hornikel 2. Justin Chance 3. JR Gentry 4. Jeff Wright 5. Stephen Hollabaugh 6. Jim Gentry 7. Hans Grossniklaus 8. George Delaney 9. Mark Gardiner 10. Jeremy Canada 11. Brian Huffman
1. George Lee II 2. Hans Grossniklaus 3. Jeremy Canada 4. Brian Huffman 5. Gary Hensel 6. Randy Pollock 7. Eric Smitley 8. Jeff Wages 9. Jim Gentry 10. Mike Giess 11. Mark Gardiner 12. George Delaney
1. Ryan Markham 2. Doug Drown 3. JR Gentry 4. Eric Myers 5. DJ Miller 6. George Lee II 7. Hans Grossniklaus 8. Thomas Baker 9. Jeff Wright 10. Blaine Aber 11. Clint Coffman 12. Dave Wirt 13. Dave Hornikel 14. Brian Huffman 15. Harold Snell 16. Scott Peltz 17. Jeremy Canada 18. Justin Chance 19. Charlie Duncan 20. Stephen Hollabaugh
RPM Motorsports Modifieds
1. Larry Kugel 2. Dave Atkinson 3. Took Wiles 4. Mitchell Lam 5. Mike Lonas 6. Wayne Maffet, Jr.
1. Rocky Kugel 2. Kevin Morehouse 3. Corey Camillo 4. Tom King 6. Rory Reed 7. David Liles
1. Darrick Hubbard 2. Matt Shroyer 3. Kyle Brown 4. Rob Cutlip 5. Justin Morey 6. Gary McGregor 7. John Morehouse 8. R. Bruce Miller
1. Took Wiles 2. Larry Kugel 3. Mike Lonas 4. Rocky Kugel 5. Kyle Brown 6. Dave Atkinson 7. Matt Shroyer 8. Rory Reed 9. Mitchell Lam 10. Gary McGregor 11. Rob Cutlip 12. Wayne Maffet, Jr. 13. John Morehouse 14. David Liles 15. Tom King 16. Darrick Hubbard 17. Corey Camillo 18. Kevin Morehouse 19. Justin Morey 20. R. Bruce Miller
Thrifty Discount Muffler Pure Stocks
1. Todd Werntz 2. Fred Snyder 3. Verne Siegrist 4. Troy Anderson 5. Keith Tish 6. Jim Nicely
1. Tim Myers 2. John Swinehart 3. Randy Nisly 4. Jeremy Lynch 5. Robert Wile 6. Roger Drouhard 7. Donna Gentry
1. Travis Mensching 2. Chad Craver 3. Bill Cramer 4. Don Baney 5. Jack Wile 6. Dave McMillen 7. Denny Shear 8. Paul Holmes 9. Bryan Baker, Jr.
1. Troy Anderson 2. Tim Myers 3. Todd Werntz 4. Fred Snyder 5. Keith Tish 6. Robert Wile 7. Donna Gentry 8. Travis Mensching 9. Verne Siegrist 10. Don Baney 11. John Swinehart 12. Paul Holmes 13. Jeremy Lynch 14. Roger Drouhard 15. Chad Craver 16. Randy Nisly 17. Denny Shear 18. Bill Cramer 19. Jack Wile 20. Dave McMillen 21. Jim Nicely
Federated Auto Parts Mini Stocks
1. Brandon Morrow 2. Dale Beckett, Jr. 3. Jeff Thiel 4. Josh Robinson 5. Trevor Phillips 6. Brad Hensel
1. Henry Britton 2. Nick Smith 3. Neil Nisly 4. Mitch Reichard 5. Matt Wohlford 6. Cody Renard 7. Josh Morrow 8. Josh Gentry 9. Reggie Stoltzfus 10. Mitchell Johnson
1. Jason Thiel 2. Ed Ray 3. Charlie Ray 4. Edwin McCalmont 5. Bryan Baker, Sr. 6. Willard Yarnell 7. Pat Malone 8. Ziggy Kugel 9. Joe Nichols 10. Robert Norris
1. Willard Yarnell 2. Cody Renard 3. John Raber 4. Josh Gentry 5. Pat Malone 6. Robert Norris 7. Ziggy Kugel 8. Reggie Stoltzfus 9. Josh Morrow 10. Joe Nichols 11. Mitchell Johnson
1. Brandon Morrow 2. Dale Beckett, Jr. 3. Jeff Thiel 4. Josh Robinson 5. Henry Britton 6. Jason Thiel 7. Nick Smith 8. Brad Hensel 9. Trevor Phillips 10. Mitch Reichard 11. Charlie Ray 12. Neil Nisly 13. Cody Renard 14. Willard Yarnell 15. Josh Gentry 16. Edwin McCalmont 17. Ed Ray 18. Bryan Baker, Sr. 19. John Raber 20. Matt Wohlford
July 31, 2005 Faster Pastors
Scott Provins-Orrville Christian Church
Denny Miller-Trinity United Methodist Church
Michael Oyler-The Star in the East Messianic Synagogue
Steven Caler-St. Peters Lutheran Church
Bob Neidlinger-West Hill Baptist Church
Brian Phillips-Wyandott Freewill Baptist