Wheatland, Missouri – Cars don’t have to be racing around the dirt track to grab attention in 2017 at Lucas Oil Speedway. Area car clubs or groups that would let to hold a Saturday-night outing on the speedway’s midway to show off their automobiles can do so.
“I know there are a lot of terrific clubs with great-looking classic cars, muscle cars and trucks in this part of the country,” Lucas Oil Speedway assistant General Manager Danny Lorton said. “We would love to give them an opportunity to show those off during a night at Lucas Oil Speedway, where several thousand fans can see them up close and enjoy them.” Lorton added that individuals not in an organized club also are encouraged to band together to show off their classic or muscle car, truck or even motorcycle. The criteria for having a “Car Club Night” is simple:
- Clubs need to contact Lorton at the speedway (417) 282-5984 or email him at email@example.com to reserve a date.
- Lucas Oil Speedway will publicize the club’s appearance in pre-race press releases the week of the event.
- Clubs and their members arrive at the speedway by 3:30 p.m. as a group to set upon the midway behind the grandstands for the unique show.
- Grandstands open at 5 p.m. for fans to view the cars and mingle with the club members until the racing program begins.
- The car club members and their guests then can enjoy the night at the races as the Big Adventure RV Weekly Racing Series competes in four divisions.
- There’s no charge (the driver and one passenger from each car are admitted free). The car club members
- and their beautiful machines – get to enjoy a fun night with well-earned recognition.
- Suites are available for rent with club members able to enjoy the races as a group from air-conditioned comfort inside – or use great seats also outside the suites to view the races.
- Clubs also can ask Lorton about turning the outing into a profitable fund-raising event.
The 2017 Lucas Oil Speedway schedule begins with the Big Adventure RV Weekly Racing Series opener on April 8, followed by the 4th annual Lucas Oil MLRA Spring Nationals on April 14-15. For complete Lucas Oil Speedway event information, archived stories, ticket info and schedule information for the season, visit lucasoilspeedway.com. Three-day passes for the 25th annual Show-Me 100 Presented by ProtecttheHarvest.com. are now on sale.
Lucas Oil Speedway is located at Highways 83 and 54 in Wheatland, Missouri. A campground with shower and bathroom facilities is also available. With it’s entrance located just outside the pit gate this sprawling scenic camping facility will continue to enhance the racing experience at the Diamond of Dirt Tracks. Click www.LucasOilSpeedway.com for more information and detailed directions to the speedway or call the Track Hotline at (417) 282-5984. In addition, fans can get social with Lucas Oil Speedway by following @LucasSpeedway on Twitter, clicking “Like” at www.facebook.com/LucasOilSpeedway and on www.youtube.com/LucasOilSpeedway.
The Lucas Oil Speedway Big Adventure RV Weekly Racing Series opens on April 8.
About Lucas Oil Speedway
Lucas Oil Speedway is considered by fans, drivers and industry insiders to be one of the top five race tracks in the nation. Located in Wheatland, Missouri, approximately an hour from Springfield, Missouri, and just a quick hour and a half from the Kansas City metro area, dubbed the “Diamond of Dirt Tracks,” Lucas Oil Speedway certainly lives up to the title.
Twenty-One VIP Luxury Suites, HD Jumbo-Tron Screen, Stadium Style Musco Sports Lighting, a Bose Sound System, Go-Kart Slick Track, The Diamond Bar, Track Treasures Gift Shop, the best track food in the country and paved pits are a few of the spectacular amenities setting the Diamond of Dirt apart. 2017 marks the 7th season for the Liquid Quarter Mile Drag Racing Lake, Lake Lucas. Two nationally televised Drag Boat Races featuring the Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing Series will be held in 2017. New for 2017 will be an all new purpose build Off Road Racing facility featuring the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series as well as a host of other regional events. Lucas Oil Speedway hosts some of the largest and most popular events in the Midwest!
National and regional touring series appear frequently for Special Events on the Diamond of Dirt Tracks. The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, POWRi Midget National Series, Lucas Oil Pro-Pulling League, United States Modified Touring Series, ASCS Sprint Cars and the Lucas Oil MLRA.
In addition to the incredible Special Events, the Lucas Oil Speedway Big Adventure RV Weekly Racing Series features the Warsaw Auto Marine & RV ULMA Late Models, Pitts Homes USRA Modifieds, Big O Tires Street Stocks and the Ozark Golf Cars USRA B-Mods, racing weekly.